Print Directly on a Wide Range of Materials
Unlike other inkjet printers, the LEF2 series employs UV-LED lamps to instantly cure ink on the surface of material with UV light, allowing you to print directly onto PVC and plastics, canvas, wood, leather, fabric, and more. Now the addition of Primer ink opens up the possibility of printing on an even wider variety of materials.
Benchtop UV Flatbed Printers Expand Your Imagination
With superior ease and efficiency, you can print brilliant color and realistic textures for amazingly lifelike graphics plus premium finishes including simulated embossing on almost anything. Now available in a choice of three models featuring different work areas and heights in a stylish form factor, the LEF2 series will redefine your business.
On-Demand Printing on One or Many Items
- Travel Trunk – Enhance value with a vintage-treated design.
- Cosmetic items – The combination of sophisticated texture and a personalized name creates a one-of-a-kind item.
- Acrylic accessories – Glossy Clear ink adds elegance to acrylic accessories.
- Cups & coasters – Add an original design to cups and coasters.
- Leather sandals – Brilliant, realistic feather designs on leather becomes one-of-a-kind footwear.
- Gift boxes – Convey special feelings to your customer’s loved one with an original design and text message printed on a wooden gift box.
- Shoes – Customize shoes by adding a favorite design.
- Lampshades – Stained glass texture made with vivid process color and Clear ink creates attractive lighting.
- ADA signs – Print braille and realistic wooden textures with 3D embossing made by using Clear ink. You can create an ADA sign design which suits your space.
- Store signs – Produce eye-catching store signs by printing a pressed flower texture.
- Prototypes – Produce simulated embossing texture with Clear ink and confirm the design of product prototypes.
- Fabric panels – Brighten your room with colorful UV printing on canvas such as fabric panels.
True-to-Life Prints Created by Exceptional Image Quality and Special Effects
With the VersaUV LEF2 series, you can produce photos, graphics and finely-detailed text with unmatched print quality. In addition, the LEF2 series enables printing amazingly lifelike textures and simulated 3D embossing as well as gloss and matte finishes by overprinting multiple layers of Clear ink and changing the timing of UV light irradiation.
As well as CMYK and Clear inks, White ink is also available to ensure that colors pop on dark or clear substrates.
Multi Layered Printing
On-Board Primer Makes Printing on Difficult Materials Easy
Previously, when you wanted to print on a material that ink doesn’t easily adhere to, it was necessary to manually apply a primer coat. To shorten the production process, the LEF2 series features an optional on-board Primer* cartridge for priming objects quickly and conveniently on a variety of different materials. Users can easily prepare an object for customization by first printing Primer ink directly from the VersaWorks software before printing full-color graphics. The possibilities of UV printing can now be expanded to an even wider variety of materials.
* For best primer results, it is strongly recommended that users test for adhesion on specific substrates prior to final production.
From Hard to Soft Materials and From Flat to Curved Objects
Capable of stretching around the most complex corners and curves as well as printing on soft materials such as leather and fabric, advanced Roland ECO-UV ink formulations are designed for both flexibility and beautiful imaging. With the LEF2-300/200, materials up to 100 mm (3.94 in.) thick can be loaded, and a height tolerance of 2 mm facilitates printing on irregular and curved objects. Furthermore, the new LEF2-300D supports a maximum thickness of 200 mm (7.87 in.) in the height direction, allowing you to print not only on thicker materials, but also on a wider variety of shapes by incorporating a more diverse assortment of jigs.
High Quality Output, Performed Easily and Efficiently
The LEF2 series incorporates a host of advanced functions to simplify high quality print jobs. A Start Timer Function completes setup procedures for printhead cleaning and white ink circulation automatically by your designated start time, so you can begin printing immediately after loading the materials. A positioning jig makes it easy to align items on the print table.
More Efficient Reprinting
The LEF2 series adopts a Multiple Print function that can perform continuous printing efficiently. Previously, when printing the same data continuously, it was necessary to send print data from the included software each time when loading materials. Now with the the Multiple Print function, you can perform the next print just by pressing the start button on the machine without returning to the software.
Monitor Operation Status in Real Time
Roland DG Printer Status Monitor” supports smart printing operations so you can instantly check the operation status of multiple printers, including printing, waiting, and emergency stop errors on a monitor. You can manage your entire printing operation remotely, allowing you to set up your next production process without wasting time.
Intuitive VersaWorks 6 Ensures Efficient Production
The LEF2 series includes the latest VersaWorks 6 RIP & Print management software equipped with a user-friendly menu of functions to maximize performance so that high-quality printing can be performed immediately after installation.
- A Harlequin RIP dual-core engine with support for PDF 2.0 and native 64-bit processing provides accurate rendering of PDFs with shadows and transparencies.
- Icon-based interface with drag-and-drop functionality facilitates ease of use.
- VersaWorks 6 supports data rotation and a partial print function that maintains position information.
- Special Color Plate Generation allows you to auto-generate White, Gloss and Primer layers with one button.
- Equipped with a spot embossing function to speed up printing of 3D embossed effects (supported only for the CMYKGlGlWh ink configuration on the LEF2-300 and LEF2-300D).
- A color-matching function allows easy color matching for same-models and ink types. Consistent color matching is possible even when sharing print jobs with multiple printer units.*
- Also supported are new print queue options, UV post cure within the RIP and new 16-pass print mode (standard 720×720 dpi).
* Valid only when using the same model printers with the same ink type and configuration. Files must be printed with the same print settings including “Media Type” and “Print Quality.”
|Printing method||Piezo ink-jet method|
|Attachable objects to be printed on||Width||Max. 800 mm (31.5 in.)||Max. 538 mm (21.2 in.)|
|Length||Max. 360 mm (14.2 in.)||Max. 360 mm (14.2 in.)|
|Thickness||Max. 200 mm (7.87 in.)*1||Max. 100 mm (3.94 in.)||Max. 100 mm (3.94 in.)|
|Weight||Max. 8 kg (18 lb.)
(When using an additional table: Max. 2 kg (4.4 lb.))
|Max. 8 kg (18 lb.)||Max. 5 kg (11 lb.)|
|Maximum printing width/printing length||Max. 770 (width) × 330 (length) mm (30.3 × 13 in.)||Max. 508 (width) × 330 (length) mm (20 × 13 in.)|
|Ink||Type||ECO-UV (EUV, EUV4) 220 ml cartridge, ECO-UV (EUV4) 500 ml cartridge (White ink is not available in 500 ml cartridges.)||ECO-UV (EUV, EUV4) 220 ml cartridge|
|Colors||Six colors (cyan, magenta, yellow, black, white, and gloss × 2)
Six colors (cyan, magenta, yellow, black, white, and gloss) and primer
|Five colors (cyan, magenta, yellow, black, and white)
Five colors (cyan, magenta, yellow, black, and white) and primer
Six colors (cyan, magenta, yellow, black, white, and gloss)
|Ink-curing unit||Built-in UV-LED lamp|
|Printing resolution||Max. 1440 dpi|
|Distance accuracy *2||±0.3 mm (±11.8 mil) or ±0.3% of the specified distance, whichever is greater|
|Position reproducibility *2||±0.2 mm (±7.9 mil) or ±0.1% of the specified distance, whichever is greater||–|
|Connectivity||Ethernet (10BASE-T/100BASE-TX, automatic switching)|
|Power-saving function||Automatic sleep feature|
|Power requirements||AC100 to 240 V ± 10%, 2.1 A, 50/60 Hz||AC100 to 240 V ± 10%, 1.8 A, 50/60 Hz|
|Power consumption||During operation||Approx. 178 W||Approx. 149 W|
|Sleep mode||Approx. 18 W||Approx. 13 W|
|Acoustic noise level||During operation||60 dB (A) or less|
|During standby||49 dB (A) or less|
|Outer dimensions||1,560 (W) × 955 (D) × 676 (H) mm
(61.4 [W] × 37.6 [D] × 26.6 [H] in.)
[When the ink-cartridge tray is attached;
1,866 × 955 × 676 mm (73.5 × 37.6 × 26.6 in.)]
|1,560 (W) × 955 (D) × 576 (H) mm
(61.4 [W] × 37.6 [D] × 22.7 [H] in.)
[When the ink-cartridge tray is attached;
1,866 × 955 × 576 mm (73.5 × 37.6 × 22.7 in.)]
|1,202 (W) × 962 (D) × 549 (H) mm
(47.3 [W] × 37.9 [D] × 21.6 [H] in.)
|Weight||166 kg (366 lb.)||144 kg (317.5 lb.)||110 kg (242.5 lb.)|
|Environment||During operation||Temperature: 20 to 32°C (68 to 90°F) (22°C (72°F) or higher recommended), Humidity: 35 to 80% RH (no condensation)|
|Not operating||Temperature: 5 to 40°C (41 to 104°F), Humidity: 20 to 80% RH (no condensation)|
|Included items||Power cord, software RIP, cleaning liquid, drain bottle, manuals, etc.|
*1 Use a spacer table for printing targets with a thickness of 0 to 100 mm (0 to 3.94 in.).
*2 Temperature for LEF2-300 and LEF2-300D is 23°C (73°F) and for LEF2-200 is 25°C (77°F). Humidity: 50% RH
This device is capable of printing on a wide variety of substrates. However, the print quality or the ink adhesion may vary according to the substrate used and it is strongly recommended to test the substrate for compatibility to ensure optimal print results.
Vaporized components may slightly irritate the eyes, nose and/or throat during and following printing with this product. If continuously printing in a closed space, the density of volatile compositions will accumulate and may irritate the eyes, nose and /or throat. Roland DG strongly recommends that you install a ventilation system and use this product in a well-ventilated room. For more information, please contact your local distributor or dealer.
|Operating System||Windows® 10 (32/64-bit), Windows® 8.1 (32/64-bit)|
|CPU||Intel® Core™ 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz or faster recommended|
|RAM||2 GB or more recommended|
|Video card and monitor||A resolution of 1,280 x 1,024 or more recommended|
|Free hard-disk space||40 GB or more recommended|
|Hard-disk file system||NTFS format|
|Other||Internet connection recommended|
Choose an LEF to Suit Your Budget and Your Business
|VersaUV LEF2-300D||VersaUV LEF2-300||VersaUV LEF2-200||VersaUV LEF-12i|
|Maximum Print Area||30″ × 13″
770 mm × 330 mm
|30″ × 13″
770 mm × 330 mm
|20″ × 13″
508 mm × 330 mm
|12″ × 11″
305 mm × 280 mm
|Maximum Thickness for Printable Objects:||Max. 7.87 in.
Max. 200 mm
|Max. 3.94 in.
Max. 100 mm
|Max. 3.94 in.
Max. 100 mm
|Max. 3.94 in.
Max. 100 mm
|Ink Configuration Options||CMYK + Clear (gloss) + Clear (gloss)+ WhiteCMYK + Clear (gloss) + White+ Primer||CMYK + Clear (gloss) + White
CMYK + Primer + White
CMYK + White + White
|CMYK + Clear (gloss) + White|
|Included RIP Software||VersaWorks 6|
|Accessories||BOFA air filtration system (optional)|
|Ideal For||Ideal for printing on thicker items as well as items whose shapes require jigs for positioning in order to print properly.||Volume production of small to medium-sized items, plus pre-primed printing onto various substrates and unique surfaces.||Short-run customization of small to medium-sized items, plus pre-primed printing onto various substrates and unique surfaces.||Short-run customization of USB drives, smart phone covers, photo frames and other small objects.|