The MDX-50 benchtop CNC mill combines precise, automated milling and unmatched ease-of-use. An ideal solution for short-runs and prototypes, the MDX-50 reduces operation time and simplifies production so users of all abilities can mill functional parts with incredible quality on a wide range of materials.
Automatic Tool Changer
The MDX-50 increases performance with an expanded machining area and increased operating speeds, while reducing production time with faster job processing and a 5-station Automatic Tool Changer for continuous operation without stopping to change milling tools.
Operator-Friendly Control and Software
Become a 3D milling expert almost immediately with the MDX-50’s simple yet powerful built-in control panel and virtual control panel (VPanel), and bundled SRP Player CAM software that’s easy-to-use and simplifies operation.
With the control panel at the front of the unit, almost all operations can be completed from the unit itself without having to go back to a PC. The VPanel interface operates seamlessly with the MDX-50 and allows users to make changes to spindle rotation or speed during operation.
Other Distinguishing Features
- Advanced drive system supports dimensional stability
- Large machining area plus enhanced machine rigidity and drive mechanics
- Optional Rotary Axis with self-centering headstock and tailstock workpiece clamps
- Simple-to-load tools and automatic machine calibration
- Requires no special electrical set-up and needs no additional air compressor
- Multi color-coded LED status light notifications and email notifications inform users of machine status
- Built-in debris collection drawer with rail guided safety door for safe and clean production
- Ideal for use in studio and educational environments
Precision Milling on a Wide Range of Materials
Precision Milling on a Wide Range of Materials:
- Plastic Foam
- Modeling Wax
Mill Fine Details and Smooth Finishes
With an improved drive system, machine rigidity and enhanced drive mechanics, the MDX-50 mills incredibly smooth and accurate prototypes for testing structure, function, and assembly with other parts. A machining area of 15.8”(400mm) (X) x 12”(305mm) (Y) x 5.3”(135mm) (Z) supports production of large single objects or batch production of smaller multiple parts.
Free Your Time
The automated features of the MDX-50 enables users to mill with speed and confidence. Combine the 5-station ATC and optional rotary axis unit for the most automated and precise operation:
- Auto-sensing function corrects the tool length to ensure milling accuracy for every job
- Optional rotary axis for effortless production of complex surfaces:
- Includes a wide, self-centering headstock and tailstock workpiece clamps
- Auto-rotates materials from 0-to-360 degrees
- Indexes for 2-sided, 4-sided and custom angles
Built-in Control Panel
With a built-in control panel at the front of the unit, almost all operations can be completed from the unit itself. Users can perform operating functions and view the current job status without needing to constantly check their PC.
Simplified Machine Set-Up
The MDX-50 reduces the time and effort of machine set-up with an expanded work area, inner-machine lighting for clear visibility, and an included tool adopter that enables instant installation of ATC tools – requiring no wrench or additional tools.
Safe, Clean and Convenient Production
The MDX-50 is designed for use in studio and educational environments. A rail guided safety door ensures extra-safe operation while waste is contained in a built-in debris collection drawer.