Roland DG LEC2-640 Series UV Print and Cut
Built to produce unique prints with added style and impact, Roland DG LEC2-640 series printer/cutters are on another level of machine quality. Our all-in-one printing, cutting, and embossing machines were designed for sign and graphics providers who are looking to produce premium, head-turning products for their customers.
- Premium Quality: Precision dot placement, advanced head technology, and new Orange and Red ECO-UV (EUV5) ink options offer the highest quality output with ultra-vivid color results and accurate brand color matching.
- Special Effects: Highlight the detail, feel the textures, and create simulated embossing with visible and tangible emphasis.
- Integrated Cutting: Create exemplary prototypes in a single operation, and accurately cut elaborate stickers and labels.
Roland DG LEC2-330
Printing/cutting width: Maximum 29 in. (736 mm)
Applications: Premium Packaging, Labels and High-End Graphics
Satisfy the most discerning clients and bring your vision to life with convincing proofs and prototypes. Your LEC2-330 is compatible with a world of media, giving you the freedom to expand your graphics capabilities.
Roland DG LEC2-640
Printing/cutting width: Max. 63 in. (1,600 mm)
Applications: Premium Indoor Displays, Signs and High-End Graphics
When visual impact is paramount, Roland DG LEC2-640 turns any physical space into a bold canvas with crystal-clear detail, full-ranging color and Gloss ink effects that set you apart from the competition.
Invite window-shoppers with irresistible window graphics printed on static cling.
Backlits and Displays
Make a big statement and light up the room with backlit fabric displays.
Wall Coverings and Graphics
Get the interior you want when you want it with custom-printed wall coverings.
You only need one compact device to print and cut premium labels for premium branding.
Sleeves and Pouches
Add the TB-30 accessory and produce flexible pouches and shrink sleeves.
Cartons and Rigid Applications
Produce folding carton prototypes on rigid paper stock with the optional ET-30.
|Printing method Piezo||ink-jet method|
|Media||Width||8.3 to 64 in. (210 to 1,625 mm)||7.2 to 30 in. (182 to 762 mm)|
|Thickness||39 mil (Max. 1.0 mm) with liner, for printing
16 mil (Max. 0.4 mm) with liner and 9
mil (0.22 mm) without liner, for
|Roll outer diameter||8.3 in. (Max. 210 mm)|
|Roll weight||88.2 lb. (Max. 40 kg)||55 lb. (Max. 25 kg)|
|Core diameter (*1)||3 in. (76.2 mm) or 2 in. (50.8 mm)|
|Printing/cutting width (*2)||Max. 63 in. (1,600 mm)||Maximum 29 in. (736 mm)|
|Ink||Type||ECO-UV (EUV5) 220 ml cartridge (white)
ECO-UV (EUV5) 500 ml cartridge (cyan, magenta, yellow, black, gloss, primer, orange, red)
CMYKOrReWhWh, CMYKOrReWhGl, CMYKOrReWhPr
|Ink-curing unit||Built-in UV-LED lamps|
|Printing resolution (dots per inch)||Max. 1,440 dpi|
|Cutting speed||0.4 to 11.8 in/s (10 to 300 mm/s)|
|Blade force (*3)||30 to 500 gf|
|Blade||Type||Roland CAMM-1 series blade|
|Offset||0.0 to 59.1 mil (0.000 to 1.500 mm)|
|Software resolution (when cutting)||0.98 mil/step (0.025 mm/step)|
|Distance accuracy (when printing) (*4) (*5)||Error of less than ±0.3% of distance traveled or ±11.8 mil (±0.3 mm),
whichever is greater
|Distance accuracy (when cutting) (*4)||Error of less than ±0.4% of distance traveled or ±11.8 mil (±0.3 mm),
whichever is greater When distance correction has been performed
(when the setting for [CUTTING MENU] – [CALIBRATION] has been
made): Error of less than ±0.2% of distance traveled or ±3.9 mil (±0.1 mm),
whichever is greater
|Repeatability (when cutting) (*4) (*6)||±3.9 mil (±0.1 mm) or less|
|Alignment accuracy for printing and cutting (*4) (*7)||±19.7 mil (±0.5 mm) or less|
|Alignment accuracy for printing and cutting when reloading media (*4) (*8)||Error of less than ±0.5% of distance traveled, or ±0.2 in. (±3 mm),
whichever is greater
|Connectivity||Ethernet (100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T, automatic switching)|
|Power-saving function||Automatic sleep feature|
|Power requirements||AC 100 to 240 V±10%, 3.2 A,
|AC 100 to 240 V±10%, 3.0 A,
|Power consumption||During operation||Approx. 290 W|
|Sleep mode||40 W|
|Acoustic noise level||During operation||63 dB (A) or less|
|During standby||53 dB (A) or less|
|Dimensions (with stand)||111 [W] × 31 [D] ×
52 [H] in. (2,819 (W) × 781 (D) ×
1,316 (H) mm)
|77 [W] × 31 [D] ×
52 [H] in. (1,945 (W) × 781 (D) ×
1,316 (H) mm)
|Weight (with stand)||359.3 lb. (163 kg)||275.6 lb. (125 kg)|
|Environment||During operation (*9)||Temperature: 59 to 90°F (15 to 32°C), humidity: 20 to 80%RH
|Not operating||Temperature: 41 to 104°F (5 to 40°C), humidity: 20 to 80%RH
|Media Take-up||TU4 take-up unit included|
|Included items||Dedicated stand, power cord, blade, blade holder, media
clamps, media holders, replacement blade for separating
knife, cleaning liquid, drain bottle, User’s Manual, etc.
- The media holders of this machine are designed to be used exclusively with media that has a paper tube (core) with an inner diameter of 3 inches. To use 2-inch media, the optional media flanges are required.
- The length of printing or cutting is subject to the limitations of the program.
- 500 gf is the maximum instantaneous blade force.
- The blade force must be adjusted according to details such as the media thickness.
- Media type: Media specified by Roland DG Corporation
- Temperature: 77°F (25°C), humidity: 50%RH
- Roll media must be loaded correctly.
- Applicable when all pinch rollers that can be used with the media width are used
- Side margins: 25 mm (1.0 in.) or more for both the left and right margins
- Excluding expansion/contraction of the media
- Assumes all correction and adjustment functions of the machine have been used properly
- Print travel: 39.4 in. (1 m)
- [PREFEED] menu item must be set to “ENABLE.” Range for assured repetition accuracy
- For media with a width exceeding 610 mm (24.0 in.): Length: 157.5 in. (4,000 mm)
- For media with a width of 610 mm (24.0 in.) or less: Length: 315.0 in. (8,000 mm)
- Provided that the media feed length is 118.1 in. (3,000 mm) or less
- Excludes the effects of slanted movement and of expansion and contraction of the media
- Data size:
- 39.4 in. (1,000 mm) in the media feed direction
- 29 in.; 30-inch (736 mm model) and 63 in.; 64-inch (1,600 mm model) in the carriage-movement direction
- No lamination
- Automatic detection of crop marks at four points when media is reloaded
- During cutting, [PREFEED] menu item must be set to “ENABLE.”
- Excluding possible shift caused by expansion/contraction of the media and/or by reloading the media
- Data size:
- Operating environment